5 ways to maintain a healthy looking glow in the winter
In our latest issue, we enjoyed chatting with makeup artist Paula Ortega about her new makeup line Blast Makeup. Here she tells us how to use makeup in a few easy steps to maintain a healthy looking glow.
- “Great makeup starts with great skin. I highly recommend having a skincare routine. Always moisturize, especially in winter, when the skin tends to experience more dry patches and less oil production. Hydrating face serums are perfect for this.”
- “Peachy blushes are a great option as they enhance your skin's golden undertones and brighten up your skin. With a blush brush start applying the product on the top of the hairline, as if you’re contouring your face. This is a great spot to apply the product because here is where the sun would naturally hit you. Continue applying the product along the cheekbones finishing with circular movements to remove any hard lines. After you finish with the blush, grab a little bit of bronzer in your brush and go over where you already applied the blush, this will give you a nice sun-kissed look.”
- “To achieve a natural look, avoid eyeliners, as these tend to give a harsh look. Instead apply your favorite dark brown eye shadow with a soft pencil brush as close to the lash line as possible. If you like to use eye shadow on a regular basis, stick with plums and silver colors for this winter.”
- “To complete your look apply a lip-gloss in bronze or another a soft color. Remember that lipgloss is not meant to change the color of your lips but to give your lips a nice healthy shine.”
- “Stay away from tanning beds as they will give you an orange and fake look.”